Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Boston Miss Representation Town Hall Event
Monday, October 22, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (EDT)
AAUW of Massachusetts, Cambridge Women’s Commission, Massachusetts Commission on the Status of Women, Massachusetts Women’s Political Caucus, Mass NOW, YWCAs of Massachusetts, City of Boston’s Women’s Commission, Massachusetts Caucus of Women Legislators, Crittenton Women’s Union, Victim Rights Law Center, Somerville Commission for Women, Omega Phi Alpha BU, BARCC, Dress for Success, Boston GLOW
- First premiered at the Sundance Film Festival, Miss Representation interweaves stories from teenage girls with provocative interviews from the likes of Condoleezza Rice, Lisa Ling, Nancy Pelosi, Katie Couric, and Rosario Dawson, to give an inside look at the media and its message. The film’s motto, “You can't be what you can't see,” underscores an implicit message that young women need and want positive role models, and that the media has thus far neglected its unique opportunity to provide them.
- As one of the most influential and universal forces of communication in our culture, mainstream media is educating yet another generation that a woman’s primary value lies in her youth, beauty and sexuality—not in her capacity as a leader. Join us for a local screening and discussion at Boston University on Monday, October 22nd at 6pm.
- The Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) rated the film TV-14 DL
- Following the film please join us for a panel discussion and break-out session to collaborate on solutions to issues raised in the film.
- Please stay and watch the Presidential debate with us at the conclusion of our event!